Student Services

We Are Here for You

The BCPS Office of Student Services is here to support all Bearcat families with everything from enrollment to transcript requests, information about your school of residence, student handbooks, attendance, the academic calendar, district-wide events and more.

Contacting the Student Services Office

During the current stay-home order, our office, located downtown will be closed. During this time, the best way to contact us is by email:

  • For questions about transcripts and work permits, please email
  • For all other questions, including enrollment, schools of choice, the academic calendar and more, please email
  • You may also reach out to us by phone and leave a message. We will be checking messages periodically, but due to limited access to the offices, please allow up to 48 weekday hours for a response to phone messages. Our number is (269) 965-9481.
  • Forms may be faxed to (269) 660-5830. However, scanned copies via email are highly preferred at this time. If you do fax a document, please also either call or email to alert us.

Plan for the 2020-21 School Year

At BCPS, we see every child by name, need and strength — your child's success is our priority and failure is not an option. We offer an educational path where options equal individualized success. Please select the Choice Form below based on your family's needs:

  • For current BCPS families: Let us know your student's school plans for the 2020-21 school year by filling out the School Plan Form by July 1, 2020.
  • For in-district transfers: If you wish to have your student attend a BCPS school other than the one assigned to your home address, you will need to complete the In-District Transfer application form by August 28, 2020.
  • For Calhoun County families that live outside of the Battle Creek Public Schools district boundaries but want to attend BCPS: Please complete the 105 Schools of Choice Request Form by August 28, 2020.

Work Permits

During this unprecedented school closure due to COVID-19, we are continuing to serve our job-seeking students and their employers by fulfilling Work Permit requests electronically. Please note: All fields (including signatures) must be legible, and all needed fields must be complete. (If a signature is not legible, please also print the name.) Incomplete or illegible permits will be delayed.

Instructions for completing a work permit:

1. Download and print the correct document for your age:



2. Complete the entire Section I

3. Take the work permit to your employer to complete Section II

4. Return completed work permit to Student Services in one of two ways:

a. Scan the completed work permit to your computer, or

b. Photograph the front page by smoothing out work permit on a flat surface and when taking the picture ensure the work permit fills the whole frame. Ensure no blurring of information.

5. Email the scanned or photographed work permit and personal identification (birth certificate or Driver's License or Michigan ID card) to

6. The Endorsed work permit will be emailed back to you. You will have to print it and take the completed work permit to your employer.

Other Resources

School Records Request Form

This is the form you will need to print, complete application, and submit in order to receive your high school transcript. This is the same form that you will use to request other school records. Please fill out the form using a black ink pen. Attach a copy of your Identification and use one of these acceptable forms of payment: Cash, Check, or Money Order.

During this period while schools are closed, we have remote access to transcripts for all alumni and limited access to other school documents.

Battle Creek Public Schools is not charging a fee for transcripts and report cards during this closure period.

Find Your School of Residence

Click on the link below to look up your school of residence in the 2020-2021 BCPS Street Guide.

Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must provide proof of residence to the school in the form of a current utility bill (gas, electric, or water bill), purchase or lease agreement, or current Property Tax statement. Any questions may be directed to the Office of Student Services

District Procedures for Medical Emergencies (MERT)

Battle Creek Public Schools Handbooks

Student services include:

  • Enrollment
  • Schools of Choice enrollment
  • In-district transfers
  • Providing student records
  • School of residence lookup
  • Information about medical emergency procedures
  • Other resources for students and families


Monique Cheeks

Director, District
(269) 965-9482 Email

Rebecca Bolden

Attendance & Truancy Interventionist, District
(269) 965-9469 Email

Giles Herb

Secretary, District
(269) 965-9482 Email

Sandra Brunner

Secretary, District
(269) 965-9481 Email

Freddie McGee

Family and Community Engagement Coordinator, District
(269) 965-9466 Email