Registration for Currently Enrolled, Returning Students
>>CLICK HERE TO BEGIN REGISTRATION<<
All families with children currently enrolled in Battle Creek Public Schools - whether returning to their current school or moving up to a new building - must complete the student registration process each year.
- Step 1 - Follow the link above and log in to your Skyward Family Access account.
- Step 2 – Navigate to the Online Registration section and complete the registration process for each currently enrolled child.
Enrollment for New BCPS Families
Families with no children currently enrolled in Battle Creek Public Schools, please click on the link above to enroll your students.
- Step 1 - Account Request – You will apply for a Family Access account. Your email will be your login ID and a password will be emailed to you. It is suggested that you write this down or print the email for future use.
- Step 2 – Once you receive your password, you can begin the enrollment process for your new student(s). Follow the prompts to complete the enrollment process.
Enrollment for Current BCPS Families
Families with children currently attending Battle Creek Public Schools who wish to enroll an additional student. Enroll through this process and your ‘new’ student will be added to your existing Skyward Family Access account.
- Step 1 - Click on the link above to login to your existing Skyward Family Access account. Once you login, select “New Student Online Enrollment.” Please refer to the picture below.
- Step 2 – Follow the prompts to complete the enrollment process.
Documents to be provided by the Parent/Guardian
- Original (Legal) Birth Certificate
- Immunization (shot) records
- If foster care placement, need copy of this placement notice
- Address Verification – this needs to be one of the following documents:
- Current utility statement – electric, gas, water
- Rental or lease agreement with address
- Property tax statement
Next Steps & More Information
- Once your student’s application has been reviewed you will receive an email asking to bring the above items to complete the enrollment process.
- You will need to bring those documents to the Student Services Office, Willard Library Building, (2nd floor), 3 Van Buren St W during regular business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Registration cannot be completed until all documents are presented.
If you have requested a school other than the one assigned to your address, you will need to complete an In-District transfer application in the Student Services Office. Until this application is approved by the building Principal, your student will be assigned to the school per your address.
Our elementary schools offer a variety of activities and programs for our students, including supervised before-school and after-school programs, outdoor education center programs, and Bearcat Summer Clubhouse programs. In fall 2019, Fremont Elementary will be reopening as Fremont International Academy, a new academically excellent elementary magnet school.
Our middle schools are dedicated to providing opportunities for our students to thrive. The new Battle Creek STEM Innovation Center, opening in fall 2019, will ensure that our students are well prepared for higher education and careers in STEM industries. The advanced/accelerated REACH program at Springfield Middle School discovers and nurtures talent and exceptional ability in our diverse population.
Our high schools are focused on setting up our students for success in high school and beyond. BCCHS offers career academies, a wide array of Advanced Placement courses, extracurricular activities, and the Early Middle College Program (dual enrollment at KCC for student to graduate in 5 years with an associate’s degree). W. K. Kellogg Preparatory High School offers a flexible schedule and individualized school environment for students balancing careers and family obligations.
The BCAMSC High School program provides services directly to secondary students who are talented and motivated to study mathematics and science in greater depth and acceleration. Students attending the Center have rigorous courses and opportunities that connect students to real life applications in business and industry. Students are allowed to do research in classroom laboratories that experiment with innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
Learn More About BCPS
Are you interested in BCPS, but not yet ready to enroll? Please call the Office of Student Services at (269) 965-9482 to make an appointment to speak with a representative from your child’s potential school.
Schools of Choice 105 Application
BCPS will be accepting applications for the Schools of Choice 105 Program beginning on Monday, March 11, 2019 through Friday, September 6, 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year. Download the application.
What School Will My Child Attend?
Look up your address with this Street Guide.