Enroll Your Student in pre-K or Kindergarten
Kindergarten enrollment at Battle Creek Public Schools for the 2019–20 school year is now open. See what BCPS has to offer and enroll today!
- New, high-quality curriculum
- 12:1 student to adult ratio with literacy tutors in every class
- Educating the "whole child" with True Success Character Education and social-emotional support
- Bilingual support staff in every building
- Free breakfast and lunch for every student, every day
- Chromebooks in every classroom
- Outdoor Education Center programs
- Before and after school programming
Your child must turn 5 years old before September 1, 2019 to be eligible for kindergarten.
In Person Enrollment:
- Visit your child’s elementary school office between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday – Friday (Before June 10).
- Or visit the Battle Creek Public Schools Administration Office, 3 West Van Buren St. between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday – Friday (After June 10).
FREE Summer Kindergarten Success Program
Open for enrollment to incoming BCPS kindergarteners — register by June 7, 2019!
The Kindergarten Success Program (KSP) is a free, full-day kindergarten preparation summer program with transportation included. The program is hosted at Post-Franklin Elementary and is open to all incoming BCPS Kindergarteners. Before registering for the KSP program, your child must be enrolled as a kindergarten student in BCPS for the 2019-2020 school year.
It’s important that all children learn the foundational skills that will set them up for success before entering kindergarten. KSP is packed with fun learning by certified instructors to enrich and engage your child. Take advantage of this free opportunity to help your child start kindergarten ready to thrive! The program includes:
- Free full-day, five-week program with extended care available
- Transportation, meals, snacks and supplies provided
- Enrichment in fundamental social and academic skills
- Set your kindergartener up for success when they start school
Pre-kindergarten (GSRP): Free for Those Who Qualify
Your child MUST BE 4 years old ON or BEFORE September 1 to qualify
- Full Day Preschool (Monday - Thursday) at 4 locations
- 31 weeks of instruction
- FREE—funded by the Michigan Department of Education
- Limited Busing available
- Free breakfast and lunch served daily
- Certified teachers with a specialty in Early Childhood Education
- Quality curriculum
- Field trips
- Ratio of 1 adult to each 6 children
- Application period March through August
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Early Learning at 269-965-9478.