PARENT SURVEY: 2019
As a school, we value and need parent input to help us evaluate how we are doing at meeting you and your child(ren)’s needs. Please take a few minutes to complete this short survey to give us your feedback. Thank you for your assistance!
ENCUESTA PARA PADRES: 2019
Como escuela, valoramos y necesitamos sugerencias de los padres para ayudar a evaluar cómo estamos cumpliendo las necesidades de usted y su niño(a)(s). Por favor tome unos minutos para completar esta breve encuesta para darnos su opinión. ¡Gracias por su aportación!
Full Day: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Half Day: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
We are looking for fun energic people to come and supervise or kids, and teach them how to be active and safe during recess. Click the link above and scroll down to Noon Hour Supervisor
We strive for 100% success for every bearcat, by creating a welcoming school culture with high expectations and a strong belief that all students should be given instruction at a level that will guide them to school success. Together, with families and community, we aim to meet the needs of all learners in order to get outstanding academic results.
Valley View's Theory of Action Plan:
- Increasing opportunities for students to learn at deeper levels and apply their learning through projects and performance tasks.
- Implement a high quality reading framework with guided reading and comprehension at the center of our learning.
- Implement a high quality math workshop that engages students actively, provides guided math opportunities, and infuses math games into learning.
Valley View Elementary Building Goals:
- 5%-7% increase in the percent of all students meeting or exceeding the national norm 50th percentile (Fall to Spring) on the NWEA-MAP Reading & Math.
- 80%-90% of students will meet or exceed their projected growth target on the NWEA-MAP Reading & Math (Fall to Spring).
- Maintain above 80% satisfactory or at minimal risk for attendance (under 10% absence. Decrease Moderate Risk by 5%, goal of 13%. Maintain Severe Attendance under 5%, goal of 4%.
10% decrease in number of Referrals and Suspensions. Less than 27% of students will have a Referral. Less than 4% of students will have a Suspension.
Look for us on Facebook "Friends of Valley View"
If you would like to volunteer for field trips or as a classroom helper, you must have a volunteer form completed and cleared. Volunteer forms may be found in the main office or Parent Center, or print the form found here . Please fill out this form, attach a copy of your driver's license, and return to Christina Soler in Valley View's Parent Center. If you have any questions, call (269) 425-1411.
Students who walk to or get dropped off at school should NOT arrive prior to 8:15 a.m. as there is no supervision for the students until that time. Safety issues and problems tend to arise during these unsupervised times.
CHANGE OF INFORMATION
PLEASE UPDATE ANY CHANGE IN ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBERS (CELL/HOME/WORK), EMERGENCY CONTACTS (NAMES AND NUMBERS), DAYCARE PROVIDERS (NAMES AND NUMBERS), ETC. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THIS INFORMATION IS KEPT CURRENT AT ALL TIMES. NO STUDENT WILL BE RELEASED TO ANYONE WHO IS NOT ON THE MASTER LIST. PLEASE CALL OR STOP BY THE SCHOOL OFFICE.
Longest Breakfast Table at Valley View