Full Day: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Half Day: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
We are looking for fun energic people to come and supervise or kids, and teach them how to be active and safe during recess. Click the link above and scroll down to Noon Hour Supervisor
To meet the needs of all learners, all the time.
Together, with families and community, we strive for outstanding academic results.
Valley View's Theory of Action Plan:
- Implement a strong Tier 1 core instructional program for ELA and Math, utilizing Journeys and Expressions, with a focus on small group instruction.
- Implement a strong Tier 2/3 approach in ELA and Math to meet the needs of our struggling students with clearly defined intervention blocks.
- Implement core instructional strategies related to the Danielson Framework, Culturally Responsive Teaching & the Battle Creek Way.
- Implement a consistent PBIS approach with clearly identified processes for behavior management and support to keep kids in class for meaningful instruction.
Valley View Elementary Building Goals:
- 10%-15% increase in the percent of all students meeting or exceeding the national norm 50th percentile (Fall to Spring) on the NWEA-MAP Reading & Math.
- 80%-90% of students will meet or exceed their projected growth target on the NWEA-MAP Reading & Math (Fall to Spring).
- 10%-15% reduction in the number of students identified as chronically absent.
- 20%-30% reduction in the number of students receiving an Office Discipline Referral.
Look for us on Facebook "Friends of Valley View"
If you would like to volunteer for field trips or as a classroom helper, you must have a volunteer form completed and cleared. Volunteer forms may be found in the main office or Parent Center, or print the form found here . Please fill out this form, attach a copy of your driver's license, and return to Christina Soler in Valley View's Parent Center. If you have any questions, call (269) 425-1411.
Students who walk to or get dropped off at school should NOT arrive prior to 8:15 a.m. as there is no supervision for the students until that time. Safety issues and problems tend to arise during these unsupervised times.
CHANGE OF INFORMATION
PLEASE UPDATE ANY CHANGE IN ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBERS (CELL/HOME/WORK), EMERGENCY CONTACTS (NAMES AND NUMBERS), DAYCARE PROVIDERS (NAMES AND NUMBERS), ETC. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THIS INFORMATION IS KEPT CURRENT AT ALL TIMES. NO STUDENT WILL BE RELEASED TO ANYONE WHO IS NOT ON THE MASTER LIST. PLEASE CALL OR STOP BY THE SCHOOL OFFICE.