Battle Creek Adult Education
Free Instruction from Certified Teachers
The Battle Creek Public Schools Adult Education program provides FREE instruction from certified teachers, helping adult students from around the area take their next steps toward accomplishing their goals and dreams.
Classes are available at several convenient times and locations.
Program Offerings & Features
BCPS Adult Education offers the following:
- Adult Basic Education
- High School Equivalency (GED)
- HiSET prep and testing on site at Miller Stone
- High School Diploma
- English as a Second Language
- Citizenship preparation
- FREE testing
- FREE child care on site at Coburn and Y Center
- FREE transportation assistance at all open sites
- Year-round instruction
- Formal graduation upon completion
Class hours vary by site. Please call for more information.
Registration is open year-round for adults who are at least 18 years old. To begin the registration process, please reach call (269) 965-9514.
Registration may take up to three hours to allow for time to complete an application and math and reading tests to identify current levels (testing may be completed over two days).
Please also bring the following documents upon registration:
- Students 19 or younger as of September 1:
- Legal birth certificate
- Driver's license
- Immunization records
- Students 20 or older as of September 1:
- Driver's license or state I.D.
- Social security number
- If pursuing a high school diploma:
- Transcripts listing credits earned from all schools