Supervision on the playground begins at 8:10 am each day.The doors at Central Street and Fremont Street will be unlocked 8:30 am, where students will report immediately to their classrooms. Breakfast will be served to all students in their classrooms at 8:30 am.
Our school day ends at 3:40 pm. Please refrain from picking your child up from school until the end of the school day.
A Note from Mrs. Mohney:
Our before and after school programs begin on Monday, September 15. If you are planning on having your child attend the program, you must have him/her signed up by Friday, September 12. If you choose to sign up after this date, your child will not be able to start the program until Monday, September 22.
The staff of Fremont, in cooperation with parents, will ensure that all students will achieve academic standards, through excellence in the teaching and learning required for active participation in our changing world.
BATTLE CREEK PUBLIC SCHOOLS and Fremont Elementary believe in creating a world-class system providing a quality education that prepares all students to be productive and responsible citizens
Beliefs Statement of BATTLE CREEK PUBLIC SCHOOLS and Fremont Elementary
The District will provide opportunities for all students to develop their own unique skills and talents.
Education will provide opportunities for all students and all staff members to honor, value, and understand diversity.
All students achieve success when students, community, families, the Board of Education, and staff work together.
All staff must recognize all students as the number one priority.
Educating students will be based on research and best practices driving quality instruction and curriculum aligned with assessments.
The BATTLE CREEK PUBLIC SCHOOLS will be fiscally responsible.
The best decisions are data-driven which will ensure there is a valid and rational support for the choices we make on behalf of all students we serve.
- Enriched curriculum for all students
- Strong literacy and math instruction at all grade levels
- Literacy coaching for teachers
- School Wide Title I Program
- Inquiry based science instruction using the Battle Creek Area Math and Science Center's kits
- Commitment to continuous school improvement
- Fremont School participates in the NAACP Heritage Quiz Bowl
- Spring Music Program “Fremont Celebrates America” honored our families’ Veterans
- All students participate in community service projects sponsored by Fremont School. The following are examples of projects we have participated in: Food Bank donations, Adopt a Pet Program with the Humane Society, Family Christmas baskets for our families, Haiti Earthquake Relief, and the homeless Shelter Fund.
- Supportive of neighborhood Boy/Girl Scouts of America
- Many parent and community volunteers
- A strong, active Parent Teacher Association
- Dedicated staff
- 21st Century before and after school program
- Foster Grandparent Program
- Intern teacher partnerships with Olivet and Miller College (Fremont is cluster site)
- 5th graders attended the STARBASE program at the Battle Creek Air National Guard base
- Partnership with local churches
- Partnership with the Art Center of Battle Creek