The school opens at 8:10 am each day for breakfast. The doors at Central Street and Fremont Street are unlocked at this time.
Our school day ends at 3:36 pm. Please refrain from picking your child up from school until the end of the school day.
A Note from Mrs. Mohney:
It's time to register for Kindergarten in order to guarantee your child's seat for the 2014-15 school year. Please join us from 6:00-6:45pm on Monday, April 14 for Connect to Kindergarten. This is a great opportunity for you and your child to meet our amazing Kindergarten team, make new friends, and receive free books.
It's time to register for Bearcat Summer Camp! Bearcat Camp presents a spectacular learning opportunity for current Kindergarten through 4th grade BCPS students. Be sure to attend the MANDATORY parent meeting on Tuesday, April 15 from 5:00-7:00pm at the Miller-Stone Assembly Room to learn more about the program and to register your child(ren).
The staff of Fremont, in cooperation with parents, will ensure that all students will achieve academic standards, through excellence in the teaching and learning required for active participation in our changing world.
BATTLE CREEK PUBLIC SCHOOLS and Fremont Elementary believe in creating a world-class system providing a quality education that prepares all students to be productive and responsible citizens
Beliefs Statement of BATTLE CREEK PUBLIC SCHOOLS and Fremont Elementary
The District will provide opportunities for all students to develop their own unique skills and talents.
Education will provide opportunities for all students and all staff members to honor, value, and understand diversity.
All students achieve success when students, community, families, the Board of Education, and staff work together.
All staff must recognize all students as the number one priority.
Educating students will be based on research and best practices driving quality instruction and curriculum aligned with assessments.
The BATTLE CREEK PUBLIC SCHOOLS will be fiscally responsible.
The best decisions are data-driven which will ensure there is a valid and rational support for the choices we make on behalf of all students we serve.
- Enriched curriculum for all students
- Strong literacy and math instruction at all grade levels
- Literacy coaching for teachers
- School Wide Title I Program
- Inquiry based science instruction using the Battle Creek Area Math and Science Center's kits
- Commitment to continuous school improvement
- Fremont School participates in the NAACP Heritage Quiz Bowl
- Spring Music Program “Fremont Celebrates America” honored our families’ Veterans
- All students participate in community service projects sponsored by Fremont School. The following are examples of projects we have participated in: Food Bank donations, Adopt a Pet Program with the Humane Society, Family Christmas baskets for our families, Haiti Earthquake Relief, and the homeless Shelter Fund.
- Supportive of neighborhood Boy/Girl Scouts of America
- Many parent and community volunteers
- A strong, active Parent Teacher Association
- Dedicated staff
- 21st Century before and after school program
- Foster Grandparent Program
- Intern teacher partnerships with Olivet and Miller College (Fremont is cluster site)
- 5th graders attended the STARBASE program at the Battle Creek Air National Guard base
- Partnership with local churches
- Partnership with the Art Center of Battle Creek